Senior Project Manager - Finance
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the IT team to lead the Finance Systems upgrade. Providing expert project/ programme management to this business-critical project and ensuring that it is delivered within budget and on time. You will be working alongside the Finance Leadership team in partnership with the IT Delivery team to leverage operational efficiencies through new technology.
- Apply and champion the IT project methodology
- Prepare and maintain all project documentation including PADs/stage gate packs; Project Plans; Project Reports; Risk Register; Issues logs etc to agreed school standards
- Work with the Delivery Director to on-board new projects and confirm key initial information re objectives, drivers and scope
- Manage risks, issues and dependencies at both a project and inter project level. Produce detailed analysis of project issues so decisions can be made in terms of the best way forward
- Manage the relationship with the project sponsor and other key stakeholders ensuring regular engagement throughout the project lifetime
- Use a range of reporting and communication techniques to keep stakeholders, IT and the wider School community, informed of project progress. Work with the assigned change manager to ensure communication is aligned across all aspects of the project
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Prince2 certification or equivalent
- The ability to work in a collaborative and agile way.
- Managing successful programmes (MSP) qualification of benefit but not essential
- Successful completion of several projects in a medium to large size organisation
- Recent experience of working with third party suppliers and managing supplier relationships and resources
- Proven strong, stakeholder engagement
- Prior experience of managing project budgets
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a high-pressure environment and to influence others to do likewise
- Ability to translate technical information for end users and create confidence and enthusiasm in the customer
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
The LBS IT department is responsible for delivering and supporting all digital technology solutions required for the effective running of London Business School.
We provide specialist capability in IT Service Delivery, Software Development, Digital Solutions Delivery, Teaching and Learning Technology, Platform integration, Data Management, Cyber Security, project delivery, business change and enterprise architecture.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution!!! (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
London Business School