Senior Development Manager
Do you have experience of working with high value clients in corporate fundraising environments?
As Senior Development Manager you will develop a portfolio of high value prospects and supporters to deliver significant major gifts in support of the School’s strategic priorities and contribute to the success of our transformational campaign Forever Forward. Collaborating with our Prospect Research team to identify potential new supporters and ensuring a customer-centric approach to managing existing supporters, you will provide income reports and forecasts whilst devising targets and future plans.
- Manage and develop a portfolio of HNWI prospects and supporters, developing multi-level relationships in order to deliver significant major gifts (£10k-£1m per annum) in support of the School’s strategic priorities
- Proactively work with the Prospect Research team to identify new potential supporters for London Business School, from existing donor contacts and networks as well as exploring other prospect development opportunities both within the School and through external sources
- Oversee and develop a portfolio for between 100-150 active and undiscovered prospects to qualify, develop and solicit, in support of the School’s strategic objectives
- Work with colleagues in Alumni Engagement to enable opportunities for cross-working, to ensure a customer centric approach to managing existing and new supporters
- Support the Director of Giving and Campaigns Director to identify key prospects with the capacity and propensity to support London Business School’s future fundraising campaign
- Utilise and attend school / institute events and develop contact networks of Faculty and LBS leadership to identify and cultivate senior level prospects as future supporters
Who we are looking for
- Significant fundraising experience
- Major Gifts fundraising experience, with a consistent track record of closing 6 figure+ gifts
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate, collaborate and influence internal/external stakeholders
- Experience of operating at a senior level within an organisation, proficient at developing relationships and influencing and negotiating at a senior management level, internally and externally
- As some occasional international travel may be required in this role, experience and knowledge of fundraising outside of the UK and adeptness at navigating a wide variety of international cultures and customs is desirable
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a large and diverse portfolio of high-profile prospects
- Confident and well-presented, able to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and integrity
- Innovative, creative and energetic approach to fundraising and relationship development
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days plus extra between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 2nd October 2023
London Business School