Head of Professional Development - Career Centre
Do you want the opportunity to help develop the future leaders in business?
A unique opportunity has arisen to join London Business School as Head of Professional Development in the Career Centre.
This role will entail managing a high performing team to develop career and professional development learning activities for students across all programmes, whilst overseeing coaching strategy and providing employment insights and data.
The Head of PD is a highly visible role that represents Career Centre with senior stakeholders across the School and offers expertise and advice to a wide variety of colleagues and externals.
- Developing and embedding a career management skills framework, that reflects market intelligence and employer needs and is aligned with faculty research/teaching
- Collaborating across Career Centre to develop new learning resources for students, both in person and online, ensuring consistency in design and delivery whilst aligning our offering with that of Faculty and Programme Offices
- The career coaching strategy for Career Centre, in collaboration with Degree Education and Faculty (especially the Organisational Behaviour Subject Area), to maintain a high quality pool of Degree Education & Career Centre coaches
- Supporting experiential learning initiatives, such as the Peer Leader Programme and the Leadership Incubator
- Curating and disseminating Career Centre insights, including employment outcome reporting and providing employment data to a variety of stakeholders across the School and other agencies
Who we are looking for
- Career guidance, coaching, CIPD or similar qualification, or extensive coaching experience
- Certification in personality assessment tools desirable
- Deep knowledge of learning and design and coaching principles, theory and practice
- Demonstrable credibility built through extensive awareness of the post-business school employment market and the needs of business school students, their typical motivations and the challenges they face as they embark on their careers
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate and collaborate
- Experience of managing multiple key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Proven leadership and team management experience Ability to scan the horizon, identify industry best practice and translate this into future planning
- Confidence making and presenting data-driven decisions
- Financial management skills and commercial acumen
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 12th August 2022
London Business School