Donor Relations and Scholarships Manager
Are you looking for a role where you can develop your organisation and relationship management skills?
We are looking for a Donor Relations and Scholarships Manager to join the Advancement team on a permanent basis. You will be integral to ensuring that donors to London Business School enjoy an excellent and relationship-centric service. You will be responsible for the management of the Scholarship programme (and other awards); organising the annual Scholars Welcome event and other bespoke scholar and intern events; stewardship of the School’s Leadership Annual Giving donors (£1k-£10k); and management of current and past scholars’ network.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their first step into management.
- Work closely with Associate Director, Operations and Donor Relations to develop and continuously improve the donation management process and ensure the full suite of donor relations services are utilised across Advancement and more widely.
- Act as an expert and advisor to colleagues on the ways a donor can give to the School, including tax-efficient giving.
- Work collaboratively across Advancement and with colleagues in Brand and Marketing to keep Donor Roll up-to-date. Ensure donor recognition plaques, boards and other forms of donor recognition are updated regularly.
- Act as a dedicated point of contact and an advisor to colleagues on all matters regarding existing scholarships (and other awards) at the School.
- Manage and build relationships with current student scholarship recipients, acting as their main point of contact with donors and colleagues across the School.
- Ensure scholarship donors are provided excellent stewardship through regular communications over the academic year (recruitment, acknowledgment letters, scholar events and other interactions with scholars).
- Work with colleagues across the School to explore opportunities to create and promote a network for past and current scholarship recipients (Scholars’ Network).
Who we are looking for
- Ability to multitask, self-prioritise and manage multiple projects at once.
- Organised, entrepreneurial and creative with strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working with a range of different stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences.
- Experience of using a CRM database and Excel.
- Strong IT and data analysis skills, including Microsoft Office.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days plus extra between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days approved volunteering leave or unpaid parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
London Business School