Assistant Director, Research Support
Are you able to provide an excellent research support service for our faculty?
The Research and Faculty Office plays a key role in recruiting and supporting faculty to deliver excellence in teaching and research. Join the team as Assistant Director, Research Support and be responsible for the delivery of a range of research support services to faculty. You will lead a small team of research support staff and will need to collaborate effectively with staff in a range of other departments, including Accounts, IT and Library.
- Line manage the Research Support team
- Oversee the management of internal research funds
- Support faculty with the management of external research funds
- Manage the research lab services and research ethics applications
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements including GDPR, NDAs and research ethics
- Manage relevant research committees
- Manage the School’s REF submission and the annual review of research performance
Who we are looking for
Who We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience of the HE social science research environment, and in particular pre-award research grant administration and management
- Experience with externally funded grant application systems, e.g. JeS
- Sound working knowledge of policies, regulations and legislation in area of specialism.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills
- An ability to empathise with faculty and their research goals and aspirations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise and focus on material issues.
- Experience of leading projects.
Why London Business School
London Business School is a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
We are implementing Smart (hybrid) Working so we are looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in this role.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Please submit a covering letter in addition to a CV.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally-reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School