Space Planning Officer
Do you have a passion for drawing?
The Space Planning Officer will be an active member of the Space Planning team contributing positively to all areas of the department’s operations. Reporting to the Moves and Planning Manager, you will focus on key activities such as: Space Planning activities using AutoCAD, supporting office moves, both project and BAU related moves, undertaking space record updates in AutoCAD and related systems, and liaising with colleagues across the department ensuring space updates are actioned.
The Space Planning Officer will conduct AutoCAD drawing tasks in accordance with defined department and space policies, procedures, and instructions to ensure a first-class service is delivered to stakeholders. You will be a competent AutoCAD draughts person who can undertake space surveys and use AutoCAD to accurately draw surveyed spaces; the use of AutoCAD will represent at least 50% of your day-to-day workload.
- Delivery of high-quality service provided to all stakeholders and customers.
- Production of high-quality AutoCAD space plans and space surveys.
- Timely response to and resolution of enquiries, requests and issues.
- Accuracy and integrity of data in business systems.
- Development of relationships with colleagues across the department and IT service teams.
- Development of relationships with external suppliers who supply furniture and other move related support to the School.
- Compliance with processes, procedures and standards.
- Accuracy of financial records.
- Contribute to process reviews and operational improvements.
Who we are looking for
- Detailed AutoCAD drawing skill is essential.
- Experience of AutoCAD software is essential (version is 2020 or newer).
- Competent and thorough space surveying skills are essential.
- AutoCAD certification is beneficial.
- Good communication skills and the ability to address a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound working knowledge of standard IT packages, with emphasis on MS Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of project management is beneficial.
- Good team working skills and the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines to a specific activity.
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing Date - 19th September 2023
London Business School