The Software Architect role we have at London Business School is an expert who makes design choices, sets the technical direction and oversees technical standards for software practices, including software coding standards, tools and platforms. They are a technical thought leader, with outstanding communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to architect modern software solutions that solve complex business and technology problems in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Oversees the design of software solutions, ensuring alignment with best practice software architecture design patterns and standards
- Shapes best practices for software development, evaluates and promotes the adoption of modern technologies and methodologies.
- Provides leadership, technical direction, and architectural input into the vision and roadmap for multiple internally developed products
- Develops and maintains the software architecture strategy and roadmap, with clear alignment to business strategies and goals
Who we are looking for
- 10+ years industry experience of software development across multiple technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Experience of architecting cloud-native enterprise applications, ideally with Microsoft Azure – certification such as Azure Solution Architect or similar highly desirable.
- Experience of designing highly scalable and distributed cloud-based micro-services and event-driven integrations.
- Experience of designing and developing enterprise applications using C# and .NET framework
- Experience working with enterprise RDBM systems and associated technologies (e.g., SQL, Entity Framework).
- Experience of modern Identity and Access management standards and technology (OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Azure AD, AD, Auth0, Okta)
- Experience of designing and delivering enterprise solutions based on domain driven design practices and principles
- Effective coaching and leadership skills and an ability to oversee multiple projects and act as a design authority
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
London Business School