Are you passionate about the power of language to engage global audiences? Are you able to work autonomously to tight briefs? Can you craft engaging and original copy for a range of formats and audiences? Are you as comfortable writing short-form ad copy as long-form editorial features?
We’re looking for an experienced and creative Senior Writer to join our Marketing and Communications department. The Marketing and Communications team is responsible for developing and delivering the School’s communication strategy and ensuring our reputation as a world-leading business school precedes us. As our Senior Writer, you’ll raise the School’s profile through imaginative, insightful and engaging written content – across marketing and advertising collateral, social media, web copy, student interviews and features for Think, our flagship thought leadership title.
Share our knowledge
At London Business School, we generate research and ideas that leave a lasting impact on people, businesses and markets around the world. To do that, we ensure we have the talent, tools and infrastructure to share our thinking globally
- To produce written content for marketing and advertising collateral, social media, paid media, web copy, long-form features and event write-ups
- To contribute to the development of the Experience and Think content hubs
- To ensure the School’s editorial purpose and brand tone of voice are consistently brought to life across all content touchpoints
- To demonstrate excellent communication skills
- To work effectively with senior stakeholders across the School
- To confidently sub-edit and proof-read copy when required
- To digest complex information and produce accessible, readable content for different audiences
- To initiate idea generation for new content
- To act as brand champion both internally and externally.
Who Are We Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience writing and editing across a range of formats and/or a journalism qualification
- Experience writing for paid media formats (display advertising, sponsored content, print advertising)
- An ability to work with multiple stakeholders and understand complex audiences
- A creative approach to idea generation
- Excellent sub-editing and proofing skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Initiative, drive and a can-do, collaborative attitude.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Along with your CV, please include previous examples of your writing with your application.
Why London Business School?
Along with the rest of the world, we endured a difficult period due to the impact of COVID-19. As we embrace our new normal, we want to remain sensitive to the climate and assure you that all hiring is well considered and critical to our business function. Our vision is still to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This is achieved through our people; with 90% of our staff saying they are proud to work here.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School