Senior Finance Analyst
6 - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Are you an experienced Finance professional with excellent problem-solving skills?
London Business School have an opportunity for you to join our world renowned organisation in our Finance department as a Senior Finance Analyst.
In this role you will be a recognised and trusted partner and first line of contact to the business within your supported area. This is an opportunity to work with colleagues who are highly skilled and proficient within the areas of finance and Higher Education.
- Supporting and assisting the Senior Manager in producing quality, timely financial management information to the School; co-ordinate the month, quarter and year end management reporting processes, and take a leading role in improving and developing management information.
- This role involves taking the lead in business partnering for the area supported, and all related matters, including completion and review of project documentation.
- Positively representing the Accounts department with business partners and colleagues.
- Adhering to all reporting timetables and reporting inventories for the FP&A team.
- Delivering a consolidated School-wide management information service covering Plan, Budget, Forecast and Monthly management information processes ensuring accurate and timely outputs.
- Providing support in the delivery of the School Plan and Budget and quarterly forecast.
- Maintaining the relevant financial models and reporting to provide accurate information for senior management to inform effective decision-making.
- Support the annual accounts and other processes as needed and requested by FP&A senior management.
- Providing analytical and business case support on new developments and undertaking other ad hoc work as required.
Who we are looking for
- Professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a variety of audiences and to break down technical issues and explain them in layman’s terms.
- Experience of using software related to own area of specialism to extract, analyse and report on data.
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and focus on material issues
- Experience of establishing good control and reconciliation environments
- Excellent IT skills essential, specifically Excel and ideally Sun and Vision
- Positive experience of working within a client-services orientated environment.
- Ability to produce effective financial and non-financial management reports, analyses and recommendations
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days plus extra between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School