Research Support Manager
Support cutting-edge research at the London Business School
As the Research Support Manager, you’ll use your resourcefulness, proactivity and exceptional organisation skills to create an environment at the London Business School where quality research can thrive and grow. Sharing information, facilitating funding, and maintaining our information channels, you’ll play a key role in keeping us at the forefront of research excellence. Here you’ll:
- Help provide a supportive and professional research environment
- Build relationships across teams and facilitate a culture of information sharing
- Advise on internal and external schemes and funding opportunities
- Maintain and enhance the research infrastructure, by working collaboratively with Library
- Assist with the allocation of research funds, and work with the Director, Research & Faculty Office and Deputy Dean (Faculty) in monitoring the internal resources available for the support of faculty research
Who we are looking for
- Proven experience in similar role (e.g. grant funding contact in a university)
- Knowledge of HE research-funding environment
- Strong communication, customer-service and relationship-building skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Experience with external funder grant application systems
- Confident with databases and Excel
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution!!! (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
London Business School