Research Support Co-ordinator
As a member of the research support team, the Research Support Co-ordinator is expected to help provide a supportive and professional research environment to faculty within the School. This includes sharing information with faculty about the School’s internal schemes for supporting faculty research and advising them about the external funding opportunities available; and working with them to help them obtain the research funds they need.
Also the Research Support Co-ordinator will play a key role in working with the Director (RFO) and Deputy Dean (Faculty) in the review of the processes and procedures of the School’s research funding schemes, with a particular focus on the Internal Research Fund and the Outreach (KE) Fund.
- Appropriate funding opportunities identified and actively disseminated to faculty by providing relevant information taking into consideration individual faculty research interests.
- Be seen as the resident expert on grant funding opportunities offered by external research grant awarding bodies
- Independently collate, cleanse and analyse data in a timely manner, and make recommendations based on analysis to support the department’s decision making process for the periodic research excellence framework, and the annual internal review of faculty research performance.
- Provision of support to Library and the Assistant Director, Research Support, in ensuring that the School’s faculty are aware of the Research England, UKRI, EU, and other funding body requirements in respect to Open Access of research, and any obligations to appropriate research data management.
Who we are looking for
- Experience of working in a HE environment, with particular focus on supporting academics.
- A willingness to collaborate with others and an ability to work effectively with other members of the research support team, and contribute to the consultative approach of the team environment.
- An ability to work closely with faculty to identify their research ambitions and how to support them.
- An ability to persuade and influence in order to foster and maintain positive working relationships with faculty.
- An ability to adapt and change to accommodate the differing research goals and day to day working needs of faculty.
- Previous experience of the research excellence framework (Desirable).
- An ability to present numerical data and faculty publication output data in a variety of user-friendly reporting formats to support operational and strategic decision making.
- An ability to understand the School’s internal financial arrangements in support of faculty research.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 19th August 2022
London Business School