Research Finance Manager
Are you a Research Grants expert?
As Research Finance Manager you would be focused on providing expertise and support to our faculty in all financial aspects relating to the application for and management of a range of externally funded research grants. As well as giving advice on funder guidelines and School policies, you would also be completing all funder-required financial reporting and scheduling audits as necessary.
- Build strong relationships with Faculty members and senior academics
- Work with Faculty on pre-award costings and research applications, providing guidance as required
- Manage the post-award financial reporting and budget reviews
- Complete all financial reporting and forecasting accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain a schedule of research grants ensuring anticipated income is received
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of research grant processes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Significant experience of software related to own area of specialism, with the ability to build basic models or tools.
- Sound working knowledge of policies, regulations and legislation in area of specialism.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise and focus on material issues.
- In-depth knowledge of business education/specialist area.
- Financial management experience and commercial acumen.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
We’re implementing Smart (hybrid) Working so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in this role.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School