Do you have a passion for outreach, marketing and communications?
We are looking for an Outreach Director to join our Wheeler Institute team at London Business School. The focus of the role is to lead the Outreach function of the Wheeler Institute, amplifying its work and impact with the goal of positioning the Institute as a prominent organisation in the business and development research space.
The post holder will lead the execution of outreach activities to amplify the Wheeler Institute’s projects, supported research and education initiatives. They will manage and inspire a small creative team to developing modern and effective mediums to share research insights and thought leadership content with relevant audiences. The post holder will also be responsible for the development of efficient operations in outreach, business development, communications, marketing and stakeholder management in close collaboration with a wide range of teams at the Wheeler Institute and London Business School.
This is a strategic and exciting role to lead the outreach, communication and marketing efforts of the Wheeler Institute, working with inspiring thinkers, entrepreneurs and change markets on meaningful and impactful projects. The position will give the post holder the opportunity to create, change and/or optimise the existing tools and processes in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
The Wheeler Institute contracts are fixed-term due to the funding nature of the Wheeler Institute and are extended on a regular basis according to the secured periods of guaranteed funding. At the moment this period goes until 31st July 2024 with optimistic perspectives of being extended.
- Develop and lead the execution of strategic initiatives and plans to amplify the Wheeler Institute’s reputation, research, and education initiatives.
- Develop engagement plans for the audience of the Wheeler Institute, including prospective students and alums, and oversee their implementation.
- Line manage the Outreach team, making sure that the necessary skills are developed to establish a high-performing team
- Lead the identification, development, and management of a portfolio of existing and/or new stakeholders and developing new relationships to ensure the Wheeler Institute has a network of substantial and enduring relationships.
- Research and build relationships with adequate partners and suppliers, negotiating the best possible commercial arrangements
Who we are looking for
- Strong experience managing a direct team and working collaboratively with an extended community
- Proven understanding of the outreach, marketing and communications functions leading end-to-end projects and delivering complex solutions
- Experience of leading a portfolio of projects, campaigns or initiatives in similar organisations
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders and to operate effectively with senior academics, executives and specialists
- Strong communication skills with experience in public speaking and engaging with audiences
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days plus extra between Christmas and New Year
- Automatic enrolment to a fantastic workplace pension scheme
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
London Business School