Mechanical Maintenance Tradesperson
Are you an experienced, reliable Mechanical Maintenance Tradesperson looking to join a well-established, professional team?
As our new team member, you’ll bring Mechanical and Plumbing maintenance experience and expertise to the London Business School, making sure we are always able to meet the needs of our students and staff. Reporting to the Building Services Manager, you will operate across campus responding to emergencies and proactively improving our facilities.
Please note that due to the nature of the role shift working is essential and one weekend day a month is required.
- Reporting to the Building Services Supervisor /Estates Helpdesk on a daily basis regarding progress or completion of assigned responsibilities including prioritising outstanding tasks.
- Complete mechanical maintenance activities around campus, from responding to breakdowns to completing planned maintenance work
- Be a point of call for mechanical related contracts
- Undertaking planned preventative maintenance inspections and associated works.
- When necessary, provide advice and guidance to less experienced staff on practical issues.
- Exchange information with both internal and external contractors.
Who we are looking for
- Mechanical Qualification required: Minimum Level 2 City & Guilds / NVQ
- Experience with BMS.
- Good communication skills and the ability to address a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound working knowledge of standard IT packages, systems and/or databases.
- Experience and knowledge of working in a Maintenance environment.
- Proactive approach to relationship development with colleagues.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good time management skills with the ability to organise and prioritise.
- Good team working skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines to a specific activity.
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Automatic enrolment to a fantastic workplace pension scheme
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool!
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date - 12th June 2023
London Business School