Library Information Officer
Do you have good attention to detail and effective communication skills?
Join our Information Service and Library team, providing information resources, training and technology systems to the School and its clients. You will support the management of a collection of 12,000 books, 360 study spaces and rich access to e-resources with over 70 datasets, 20,000 e-journals and 2,500 ebooks.
- Provide first line Library support within the School, solving routine problems and delivering an excellent service
- Organise, upload into and monitor systems, databases and records to ensure accurate recording
- Support the acquisition process for course resources
- Collate information and conduct analysis to identify trends and aid effective planning
- Review relevant processes and systems, making suggestions to improve efficiency
Who Are We Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A library qualification or library experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to address a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound working knowledge of standard IT packages, systems or databases.
- Proactive approach to relationship development with colleagues.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good time management skills with the ability to organise and prioritise.
- Good team working skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines to a specific activity.
- Experience in standard financial management processes.
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Why London Business School?
Along with the rest of the world, we endured a difficult period due to the impact of COVID-19. As we embrace our new normal, we want to remain sensitive to the climate and assure you that all hiring is well considered and critical to our business function. Our vision is still to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This is achieved through our people; with 90% of our staff saying they are proud to work here.Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School