Lead Infrastructure Architect
The Technology team at London Business School are looking for an experienced Lead Infrastructure Architect to define our infrastructure technology vision, architecture and roadmap.
You will be an excellent technical thought leader, a mentor to various team members and collaborate with numerous stakeholders to communicate infrastructure development needs and develop solution architectures and technical designs
You will have proven experience with excellent analytical and conceptual skills, whilst being able to think creatively and beyond normal constraints
- You will oversee architectural development in the following areas: cloud and on-premises hosting and networking services, hyperconverged platforms and ‘software-defined’ infrastructure, edge computing services, modern workplace technologies including endpoint management, identity, and access management, and ‘IoT’ technology and infrastructure required to support Audio Visual and ‘Smart Campus’ services.
- You will be responsible for ensuring robust architectural governance for infrastructure changes, and in driving secure by design processes and practices.
Who we are looking for
- Proven abilities to develop enterprise architectures with excellent analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of projects, and to think creatively and beyond normal constraints
- In-depth knowledge of workplace, middleware, infrastructure, network and security technologies
- In-depth knowledge of cloud-native concepts, methods, and related technologies
- Extensive experience of architecting cloud-native infrastructure solutions, ideally with Microsoft Azure – certification such as Azure Solution Architect or similar highly desirable.
- Experience in information security architecture, standards and practices, with relevant certification (e.g. CSSP) desirable
- Passion and ability to learn new technologies and their application
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent breadth of thinking, able to provide pragmatic solutions that consider all relevant constraints whether technical, financial, organisational, risk, or capability based
- Experience of modern Identity and Access management standards and technology (OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Azure AD, AD, Auth0, Okta)
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 30th March 2023
London Business School