Lead Data Engineer
Are you passionate about the power of data to drive better, faster decisions?
London Business School have a unique opportunity to join our Technology team as a Lead Data Engineer.
The Lead Data Engineer will lead and develop the Data Engineering capability, working closely with Architects, Data Analyst, and Data Professional across the School to define and deliver new data products and services.
- Design, Develop and Manage the Enterprise Data Platform - including Datawarehouse / Data Lake technology, supporting Cloud Infrastructure, Data Integration and Reporting / Visualisation Solutions
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines to provide fit-for-purpose data services to customers.
- Automate common, repeatable data preparation and integration tasks
- Analyse business requirements and define and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Process complex data and apply technical knowledge when conducting root cause analysis to identify solutions to complex issues/unique requests from students, colleagues or stakeholders from across the School.
Who we are looking for
- A technologist, deeply interested in the industry trends and developments, passionate about the power of data to drive better, faster decisions.
- Highly collaborative, strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to liaise and influence effectively with business stakeholders and technical colleagues.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to get things done in a federated environment having political savvy and consensus building skills
- Relevant experience leading and developing data engineering teams.
- Extensive experience building cloud-based data platforms / data analytics solutions.
- Experience of designing, developing, and managing Data technologies on the Microsoft Cloud and Hybrid / On Prem services – Azure Data Platform, SSRS, SSIS, Azure Data Factory, PowerBI.
- Extensive technical experience of building various methods of data processing, data models using a variety of database and infrastructure types.
- Excellent SQL/T-SQL skills and extensive experience in at least one other coding language (Python / R / .NET).
- Expert knowledge of data modelling (entity, class, dimensional) and different database and data warehouse design patterns (OLTP, OLAP, Data Vault), their benefits and limitations under particular use cases.
- Experience of integrating data from cloud and on-premises data sources into data analytics environment, using a variety of methods (ETL/ELT, Batch, Steam).
- Understanding of data management organisation, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 25th November 2022
London Business School