International Student Advisor
Are you a Visa and Immigration Specialist?
Join our Visa and Financial Aid team who provide students from around the world with the support they need to meet their visa requirements. As our international student advisor, you’ll provide front line support to prospective and current students ensuring they have the most up to date and essential advice regarding visas and financial aid.
Share our knowledge
We generate research and ideas that leave a lasting impact on people, businesses and markets around the world. To do that, we ensure we have the talent, tools and infrastructure to share our thinking globally.
- Apply specialist visa and financial aid knowledge across degree programme applicants, admits and students
- Review and revise external information and guidance related to visas and financial aid to ensure students are provided with correct information
- Provide training to colleagues or stakeholders on visas and financial aid to upskill and educate others in the business support services provided
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring an efficient first-class service is extended to all stakeholders
Who Are We Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience providing a high level of customer service to students, and experience supporting them with complex issues
- An understanding of UK Higher Education and the UK Immigration system for students
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and the ability to break down technical issues and explain them in layman’s terms.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- OISC level 1 or equivalent international student advisor experience is desirable
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles
Please note we have two vacancies: one permanent, one fixed term (maternity cover).
Why London Business School?
Along with the rest of the world, we endured a difficult period due to the impact of COVID-19. As we embrace our new normal, we want to remain sensitive to the climate and assure you that all hiring is well considered and critical to our business function. Our vision is still to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This is achieved through our people; with 90% of our staff saying they are proud to work here.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School