Head of Strategy and Architecture
Can you lead our IT strategy and enterprise architecture?
Become our Head of Strategy and Architecture. Formulate and drive an IT strategy that works seamlessly with our overall School business strategy.
Are you ready to be our architecture subject matter expert?
Be our leading technical expert helping deliver our most significant enterprise-wide digital programmes. Ensure our School’s technology architectures can address stakeholder requirements. Take on your new role and combine your deep enterprise, data and technical architectural experience with strong analysis, influencing and leadership skills.
- Create and maintain a clear architecture vision for our School whilst also building, leading, governing and reporting on the architecture function
- Be the single point of contact for the Senior Management Team ensuring enterprise architecture is a key business activity with senior stakeholders
- Establish key reporting metrics for the architecture function that inform senior stakeholders on progress and risks
- Provide subject matter expertise to strategic, complex and high-impact projects to ensure we deliver them successfully
- Use best practice architectural frameworks and methodologies to ensure optimal outcomes.
We generate research and ideas that leave a lasting impact on people, businesses and markets around the world. To do that, we ensure we have the talent, tools and infrastructure to share our thinking globally. In this role, you will be an integral part in ensuring the world-class teaching we impart on our students is enabled by world-class technology solutions.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in senior IT architectural roles within challenging environments
- Professional qualifications in architectural frameworks and best practice such as TOGAF and Zachman
- Demonstrable ability to act as a subject matter expert in areas of enterprise IT such as software development, project lifecycle and service delivery
- Deep understanding of cloud or SaaS solutions and the architectures required to exploit them effectively
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to negotiate, collaborate and influence at all levels
Be part of our international network
We are a global institution. Our staff represent 55 nationalities, with 94% of our students and 86% of our faculty being international. We bring together a variety of widespread perspectives helping us to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. Based in London’s Regent’s Park, this is an opportunity to work in one of the world’s most important financial, entrepreneurial and cultural centres.
Why London Business School
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, an on-site swimming pool and gym, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in the sector and season ticket loan facility. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
What you can expect from us
Along with the rest of the world, we endured a difficult period due to the impact of COVID-19. As we embrace our new normal, we want to remain sensitive to the climate and assure you that all hiring is well considered and critical to our business function. Our vision is still to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This is achieved through our people; with 90% of our staff saying they are proud to work here. Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School