Head of Software Development
Are you an experienced IT leader with strong technical and management experience?
We are looking for a Head of Software Development at an exciting and transformation time at London Business School and our Technology Department. You will help to inspire and shape the future of our Software Development function. Leading and motivating a team of developers, alongside some contract and partner support, you will be instrumental in enabling the delivery of our digital transformation objectives. This is a role where you will work closely with all IT directors to deliver agreed software development aligned to our architectural standards.
- Contribute to the development of our Software Development practice, ensuring that plans are aligned to wider departmental strategy and overall School goals.
- Partner with relevant area to understand their business goals and provide them with professional or technical advice, sharing expertise and information to support effective decision-making.
- Use specialist knowledge and information to diagnose and resolve technical issues within agreed parameters, escalating the most complex where appropriate.
- Process complex data and apply technical knowledge when conducting root cause analysis to identify solutions to complex issues/unique requests from students, colleagues or stakeholders from across the School.
Who we are looking for
- Significant experience working with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and associated technologies (e.g. SQL, Entity Framework).
- Experience of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment.
- Appreciation of applying integration design patterns, micro services and event driven architecture
- Experience of deploying and managing solutions in the Azure Pub
- Full Software Development Life-Cycle experience.
- Significant experience leading and inspiring software development teams.
- Experience creating enterprise applications using C# and .Net.
- Solid understanding of internet and web technologies
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
The Technology Department, under its CDIO appointed last Autumn, Danny Attias, is helping enable the School’s digital transformation ambitions. The School is investing significantly through its digital portfolio, and this is a truly an exciting time to join the team.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
London Business School