Head of Curation
Would you like to shape and align the curation and content acquisition strategy for a world renowned Business School?
London Business School are looking for a Head of Curation to support the expansion of our online portfolio and digital assets.
Research and teaching are key to our success at London Business School so within this role you be overseeing and managing the implementation of curation and acquisitions along with the database collections to ensure we are meeting the research and teaching needs of Faculty and Students.
This is a chance to join an innovative department in an operational role, to shape the opportunities and experience of Faculty and Students.
- Lead the Special Collections & Archive service in conjunction with the Head of Academic Services including the growth of the special collection through digitisation, curation and communication of faculty research materials
- Manage all stakeholder relationships to ensure seamless and efficient delivery of the curated content and services to key internal groups: Faculty, Staff & Students Alumni Line Management
- Line manage, motivation, and inspire a small team of library specialists and curators who support our learning experiences and faculty research
- Lead on the negotiation of e-journal and e-book subscriptions or renewals with suppliers, working with the Acquisitions Manager to ensure license terms meet the needs of the School and costs are within agreed budget
- Contribute to the (Monday to Saturday) staffing of the Research & Library Enquiry Desk, inbox and libchat and associated duties
Who we are looking for
- Professional qualification
- Digital curation experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Significant experience of software related to libraries and digital curation including process visualisation software
- Sound working knowledge of policies, regulations and legislation in library sector and digital curation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of business education/specialist area.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Experience in people management
- Financial management experience and commercial acumen.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 21st March 2023
London Business School