This is a fixed -term contract for 6-8 months
Are you a skilled events manager and logistical thinker?
Join us as an Events Manager and manage some of our School’s most exciting events. Manage and market multiple events using your creativity and flair. Collaborate with stakeholders, internally and externally, to make sure the School delivers the best events possible. Your teamwork and expertise will help us deliver conferences, international events and speaker series’ that elevate the School’s reputation.
Share our knowledge
We generate research and ideas that leave a lasting impact on people, businesses and markets around the world. To do that, we ensure we have the talent, tools and infrastructure to share our thinking globally. In this role, you will be at the heart of that process, creating moments and experiences that change the way the world thinks about business.
- Managing and delivering our events series and reputation-enhancing activities (a mix of virtual, hybrid and face-to-face events)
- Delivering multiple, concurrent events with creativity, flair and imagination
- Building and managing new relationships with speakers, sponsors, suppliers and stakeholders
- Setting objectives and metrics for each activity and analysing performance
- Marketing events and establishing compelling communication plans across channels
- Managing large budgets, signing off costs and aligning with School policy
Who Are We Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience in events management including large scale projects and virtual events
- Demonstrable knowledge of negotiating and working with external and third party suppliers
- The ability and confidence to engage with stakeholders across all levels
- Excellent customer service and organisational skills
- Experience working within budgets and time limits
- High level attention to detail
- A knowledge of events management software, CRM and mass marketing systems preferable
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles
Why London Business School?
Along with the rest of the world, we endured a difficult period due to the impact of COVID-19. As we embrace our new normal, we want to remain sensitive to the climate and assure you that all hiring is well considered and critical to our business function. Our vision is still to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This is achieved through our people; with 90% of our staff saying they are proud to work here.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School