This is a 12 month Fixed Term maternity cover.
Would you like to support a busy Events team in a fascinating environment?
As Events Assistant at the Brand and Marketing department, you will provide operational support to a busy Events function, collaborating with colleagues to ensure virtual, hybrid and face-to-face Events are delivered to the highest standards. These events support departmental objectives, which include profile-raising, enhancing the School’s reputation and content generation, as well as supporting student and alumni engagement and lifelong advocacy. You will collate materials, input data and manage smaller projects autonomously, keeping track of the Events calendar and building relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Provide logistical support across key London Business School events
- Support Events Managers and other team members with daily administrative tasks for virtual, hybrid and face-to-face events.
- Assist at events coordinating registration, ushering, delivering different aspects of virtual events
- Respond to queries efficiently and escalate issues where necessary
- Collate information and input data on event reports
- Accurately process purchase orders and invoices and input financial data into systems to support the tracking of team budgets.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to develop a career in events management.
- Good communication skills and the ability to address a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound working knowledge of standard IT packages, systems and/or databases. Ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Event organisation experience advantageous but not essential.
- Proactive approach to relationship development with colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a strong connection between diverse departments.
- Experience of leading delivery within a complex organisation with multiple competing demands.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Proactive, flexible approach.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy a generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to a fantastic workplace pension scheme and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
We’re implementing Smart (hybrid) Working so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in this role.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School