London Business School require an E-Resources Manager to join our Digital Learning department.
Digital Learning has a school-wide responsibility for the strategic direction, implementation and delivery of the digital learning portfolio, education technology roadmap and the school’s library strategy.
As the E-Resources Manager you will be responsible for the procurement, provision and management of the Library’s portfolio of specialist business resources. You will be a central figure to e-resource provision by completing an ongoing due diligence process that ensures value for money and research relevance for e-resources at all times.
- Negotiate access terms and prices for new subscriptions and renewals with publishers and suppliers using the School’s procurement framework;
- Manage the Research Resource Review Group meeting services, including agreeing agendas, distributing minutes and bringing in colleagues as and when required
- Ensure that renewals remain relevant to need, the price paid is competitive and that licence terms meet requirements, liaising with the School’s lawyer when appropriate;
- Assist members of faculty to negotiate and procure e-resources, liaising with suppliers on their behalf.
- Maintain accurate records of licences, renewal dates, and costs (both current and historic).
- Contribute to the (Monday to Saturday) staffing of the library’s enquiry desk, inbox and libchat and associated duties (i.e. ensuring physical areas and bookshelves are tidy). N.B. Saturday service is remote service so no physical attendance on campus required.
Who we are looking for
- Professional qualification or equivalent library experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise and focus on material issues.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Experience in effectively managing external suppliers/contractors.
- Financial management experience and commercial acumen.
- Experience in reporting writing and data-driven decision making.
- Experience in acquiring data (or electronic resources) in a research environment.
- (Desirable) Sound working knowledge of policies, licensing and legislation in area of specialism
- (Desirable) In-depth knowledge of resource requirements in business education/specialist area.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 29th May 2023
London Business School