Director of IT Delivery Capability
Are you an IT expert able to drive organisational change?
LBS is embarking on a digital transformation and this role, which reports directly to the CIO, is responsible for ensuring we have the right resources - both internal and partners - and processes to drive that transformation. You will resource manage teams of software developers, QA, infrastructure engineers business analysts, business change professionals, project managers and PMO. You will ensure these resources are allocated onto prioritised programmes that will each have separate programme leadership.
- Ensure the IT department has the right resources to meet its strategic objectives and maintain a forward-looking resource plan
- Build and maintain a team of high quality IT professionals, ensuring their personal and professional development
- Drive our move to a DevSecOps model, working closely with IT SMT colleagues to deliver successful outcomes
- Manage the central IT Portfolio Management capability, ensuring accurate project and programme reporting
- Compile regular reports showing key metrics, performance and action plans for improvement
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant Professional qualification such as Project/Programme Management, Enterprise Architecture, Business Analysis, Business Change, IT Service Management, SDLC.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Experience with enterprise IT systems change projects, including but not limited to, Microsoft365, ERP systems, B2C online platforms.
- Excellent communicating and influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate, collaborate and influence.
- Strong experience of managing internal relationships at all levels up to and including C-suite.
- Demonstrable credibility and a network of contacts in IT, Change and Project Management.
- Subject matter expert in legislation, policies, tools or systems applicable to IT Solution Management.
- Project and/or change management certification and experienced in leading and implementing complex business change solutions.
- Broad understanding of each of London Business School’s activities and offerings.
- Proven financial management skills and commercial acumen.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
We’re implementing Smart (hybrid) Working so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in this role.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School