Development Manager, Major Gifts
Do you have experience of securing major gifts and developing strong relationships?
We are looking for two Development Managers to join our ambitious Fundraising team and manage a portfolio of HNWI prospects and supporters. You will develop active and undiscovered prospects to raise major gifts, creating cultivation plans and supporting on regional activity with prospects in Europe and India as required.
- Manage and develop a portfolio of prospects and supporters in order to deliver major gifts
- Create cultivation plans for prospects and donors
- Identify new potential supporters for the school
- Work with colleagues to establish annual and multi-year income targets and activity plans
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience at a Major Gifts level and ideally within a University or Higher-education organisation, though this is not essential
- Proven experience closing 5 figure or above gifts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communicating and influencing skills, with the ability to negotiate, collaborate and influence internal/external stakeholders
- Proficient at developing relationships and influencing and negotiating at a senior level, internally and externally
- Experience / knowledge of fundraising outside of UK (desirable) and adept at navigating a wide variety of international cultures and customs
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a large and diverse portfolio of high-profile prospects.
- Mature, confident and well-presented, able to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and integrity.
- Innovative, creative and energetic approach to fundraising and relationship development
- Self-motivated, target driven with the ability to priorities work and adhere to deadlines
- A committed team player who enjoys working collaboratively and sharing / taking on board new ideas
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office packages and a good understanding of databases systems including Raisers Edge.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
We’re implementing Smart (hybrid) Working so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in this role.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School