Data Business Analyst
12 month fixed term contract
London Business School require a Business Analyst specialising in Data Analytics to join us on a 12 month contract
You will provide a high-quality analytics service to help support the Recruitment and Admissions (R&A) function within the Degree Education (DE) Department.
- Analysis and reporting of Prospect& Applicant data coming through the pipeline.
- Applying tools and techniques for data analysis and data visualisation.
- Organise, manipulate and link different data sets.
- Identity, collect and migrate data to and from a range of systems.
- Manage, clean, abstract, and aggregate data alongside a range of analytical studies on that data.
- Summarise and present data and conclusions in the most appropriate format for users.
- Proactive development of skills, knowledge, and innovative ways of working
- Successfully collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, within the team, across the wider department and the School.
Who we are looking for
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and other systems and tools associated with accessing, analysing and visually presenting data to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with reporting management software – PowerBI & DAX
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM - is a plus
- Good working knowledge of data management including data sources, data organisation and storage.
- Good communication skills and the ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills when sharing data insights with stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to apply logic and creativity to approach a problem.
- Positive experience of working within a customer-services orientated environment.
- Basic project management skills, working with stakeholders to gather requirements and deliver findings.
- Experience in building strong relationships with business end users,
- Experience of using software to extract, analyse and report on data.
- Knowledge of VBA, Python – is a plus.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 5th April 2023
London Business School