21 hours per week
London Business School are looking for a Career Coach to join our Career Centre on a part time basis, As a collaborative team of expert career coaches, we support students to build and achieve purposeful career prospects - through 1-1 coaching, innovative career skills workshops and online resources.
We're looking for a qualified career coach deliver a high volume of outcome focused career coaching sessions to MBA and MiF students on our London campus.
You'll have an understanding of MBA students, their typical motivations and the challenges they face as they embark on their careers. This can be from working in a business school, from working in recruitment and talent management, from learning and development roles focused on mid-careers talent or from working in the roles typically targeted by MBA students.
- Act as a competent and informed coach and communicator, helping students make sense of their career development journey throughout their time with us;
- Provide high levels of one-to-one coaching;
- Design and deliver career skills workshops, ensuring these are closely linked to our online resources;
- Work collaboratively with the Career Management team, Career Centre and school-wide colleagues to ensure students experience integrated and engaging career skills support;
- Both independently and with other colleagues, lead on and project manage career initiatives.
Who we are looking for
- Experience in intense levels of one-to-one career coaching/guidance, particularly at mid-careers level. Ability to deliver a high volume of career coaching sessions consistently
- Experience of developing innovative and engaging workshops and training sessions, that support the students’ career management. Knowledge of training delivery methods, including blended learning approaches, and ability to maintain high levels of energy even at peak delivery times
- Coaching, career guidance, CIPD or similar qualification or extensive coaching experience with mid-careers professionals or post-graduate students. The ability to adapt your coaching approach to different needs
- The empathy and interpersonal skills required to help individuals navigate complex career decisions coupled with the drive to proactively engage and support MBA and MiF students as they embark on exciting career transitions across sectors and geographies.
- Experience and understanding of MBA students, their typical motivations and the challenges they face as they embark on their careers. This can be from working in similar business school or higher education institutions, from working in recruitment or learning and development roles focused on the mid-careers talent or from own experience of an MBA programme
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
London Business School