Business Development Manager
Shape the relationships behind our world-class learning programmes
Our world-class Management and Leadership Development programmes are at the very heart of our School’s ambitious strategic and growth plans. That’s why we’re looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and engaged Business Development Manager to help develop and deliver them to our specific clients’ needs.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will build and maintain high quality relationships with a broad spectrum of corporate clients across the world, introducing them to our extensive range of 30+ open and online programmes and broader range of capabilities across Executive Education and the wider school community. With overall accountability for your individual clients, you will drive the profitability, quality and growth of our programmes in London and Dubai. With responsibility for qualifying, shaping, agreeing, contracting and mobilising new and existing clients, you will also work closely with the Client Solution team, collaborating to leverage the Open Programme offerings according to the needs of custom clients.
It’s your opportunity to be part of an energetic team helping our School to achieve more. You’ll also:
- Identify potential opportunities to grow our open portfolio.
- Work with the Director of Sales, Open Programme Directors and their teams, Custom Client Directors scope opportunity for growth through targeted corporate enquiries.
- Drive business growth and engagement with a portfolio of existing global clients, building a strategic view of the account and securing revenue over the long-term.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Events team to develop a public presence in our industry and network at a senior level.
- Initiate the design and delivery of new business proposals working with the Bid and Marketing teams
- Maintain and nurture strong relationships with key HR and L&D partners and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrate competence in operating and navigating ExecEd systems to record and share history of client engagements
- Drive end-to-end sales engagement for the Certificate in Management (B2C) through sales lead generation and on-boarding through to on-programme experience.
Share our knowledge
We generate research and ideas that have a real, lasting influence on people, businesses and markets around the world. To do that, we have to make sure we’ve got the talent, the tools and the infrastructure to share our thinking globally. You will shape and mobilise strong relationships with our new and existing clients to ensure they achieve maximum impact.
Who Are We Looking For
- B2B sales experience, preferably within professional services and/or Edtech
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of stakeholder management
- A collaborative approach to working and a proactive nature
- A track record working in a target driven environment
Be part of an international network
We’re a global institution: 94% of our students and 86% of our faculty members are international, with our staff also representing 51 nationalities. Together, we’re bringing together a variety of widespread perspectives that help us have a profound impact on the way the world does business. Based in London’s Regent’s Park, this is an opportunity to work in one of the world’s most important financial, entrepreneurial and cultural centres.
Benefits We Offer
As an employee at London Business School you will enjoy a generous holiday entitlement, on site swimming pool, sauna and gym, automatic enrolment to the Universities Superannuation Scheme (a defined benefit workplace pension scheme) and season ticket loan facility. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Why London Business School?
Our vision is to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This can only be achieved through our people; with 93% of our staff saying they are proud to work here and being consistently ranked among the best in the world for our MBA, global Executive MBA and Masters in Finance programmes you will have an opportunity to be part of this journey.
London Business School