Business Application Support Manager
Would you like to help develop improvements across our Technology space?
London Business School are looking for a Business Application Support Manager to join our innovative Technology team on a permanent basis
This role will give the post holder the opportunity to lead and direct the overall strategy, planning, delivery and continuous improvement of the Business Application team.
The Technology Department, under its CDIO appointed last Autumn, Danny Attias, is helping enable the School’s digital transformation ambitions. The School is investing significantly through its digital portfolio, and this is a truly an exciting time to join the team.
- To lead, manage, motivate, guide, support and get the best out of all business application staff and to ensure that we deliver excellent customer service
- To ensure their team use best practice tools, techniques and frameworks to deliver high quality business application management and to work closely with business stakeholders to achieve this where application management is devolved
- To support the Head of Application Development and Support in prioritising demand and resource availability (technology & business), quantifying impact (budget and resource) and ensure priorities are clearly understood across the team / impacted stakeholders
- To work closely with the Directors across Technology and the autonomous teams to deliver business application support services in support of delivering School/Technology/Digital strategy
- To ensure the School maximises the return on investments in systems/applications by working with business units to ensure opportunities for system/process improvement are proactively identified and exploited.
Who we are looking for
- Professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Significant experience of software related to own area of specialism, with the
- ability to build basic models or tools.
- Sound working knowledge of policies, regulations and legislation in area of
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise and focus on material issues.
- Knowledge of business education/specialist area.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Experience in effectively managing external suppliers/contractors.
- Financial management experience and commercial acumen.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date 24th November 2022
London Business School