Building Services Supervisor
Do you want to work in a department where no two days are the same?
We are looking for a Building Services Supervisor that not only has strong technical knowledge & experience in contractor management, but someone who is a 'hands on' person and able to lead a team at the same time. This role is all about having the ability to lead the on-site Maintenance team, whilst ensuring issues are clearly communicated to key stakeholders; working alongside the Estates Helpdesk to ensure both reactive and planned works are completed safely & efficiently on a day-to-day basis.
- Apply specialist technical knowledge across a range of different areas to deliver required services in line with defined processes, escalating queries or tasks if outside own technical knowledge and/or standard procedure for own area.
- Respond to requests from all stakeholders, providing specialist advice to deliver the information and/or understanding they require and provide an excellent service.
- Resolve operational day-to-day issues referred from across the School, ensuring an efficient and first-class service is extended to all stakeholders.
- Design and develop materials and policy guidance, with supervision from more senior colleagues, for use in the provision of an efficient and effective business support service.
- Provide training to colleagues or stakeholders on an area of specialism to upskill and educate others in the business support services provided.
- To liaise with the Helpdesk & Administration manager to ensure the required labour and materials are available to ensure all works are completed on time using the Schools procurement system.
- Work with the Helpdesk Manager, prioritising and coordinating the response to requests in line with SLA’s, causing minimum disruption to School activities.
- Monitor, Inspection and repairs to all systems (including new installations), to ensure a high level of repair is made.
- Operate manual or computerised record keeping control systems in line with the schools process and procedures.
- Undertake quality assurance checks to ensure that a high quality of finished workmanship has been achieved.
- To be an active member of the on call rota team.
- Ensure the team escalate any maintenance issues that will impact the customer experience.
- Reporting to the Head of Building Services on a daily basis regarding progress or completion of assigned responsibilities.
- To deputise for the Head of Building Services and attend meetings when they are on annual leave.
Who we are looking for
- City and Guilds level 2 & 3 in a discipline of engineering.
- NVQ level 3 in a recognised trade
- Experience leading maintenance team members
- Experience working with all systems relating to the management of buildings.
- Proven management skills and experience.
- Experience in leading maintenance team members within a similar environment
- Ability and track record of planning, delivering and reporting.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- The post holder will be required to work as part of a team. Ownership is an important quality.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days plus extra between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing date - 26th Sept 2022
London Business School