Building Services Manager
Do you want to work in a department where no two days are the same?
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the Maintenance Shift Leaders and the Head of Building Services to manage the in-house Maintenance Team to deliver the reactive and pre-planned maintenance of the estate. As well as the in-house maintenance team, you will manage specialist contractors who are employed to carry out reactive maintenance tasks, planned maintenance works and also project tasks on the campus.
- To lead and develop the team in the Maintenance department so that they are able to ensure that all maintenance jobs are completed on time.
- Oversee tendering and onboarding of service contracts, as well as completing comprehensive tenders for project works.
- Organise training for the Maintenance team as required and ensure all staff work safely, whilst passing on your own key skills and expertise.
- Focus on energy efficiency and sustainability, using the Schools BMS and AM&T systems to identify energy saving opportunities in a drive to reduce our carbon emissions.
- Ensuring compliance-based works and associated documentation is up to date and stored correctly
- Monitor, Inspection and repairs to all systems (including new installations), to ensure a high level of repair is made.
Who we are looking for
- City and Guilds Level 2 & 3 in at least one discipline of engineering.
- NVQ level 3 in a recognised trade
- Experience leading maintenance team members
- Experience working with all systems relating to the management of buildings.
- Proven management skills and experience.
- Experience in leading maintenance team members within a similar environment
- Ability and track record of planning, delivering and reporting.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
- The post holder will be required to work as part of a team. Ownership is an important quality.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days plus extra between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension package, 21.4% employer contribution (in return for employee enrolment and contribution)
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Closing Date - 12th May 2023
London Business School