Behavioural Lab Assistant
We are looking for a Lab Assistant to join the Research & Faculty Office on a permanent basis You will be responsible will be responsible for the day-to-day running of research studies conducted in the Lab or staffing the reception desk when not the lead experimenter for a study run. You will have strong stakeholder skills as you will be the first point of contact for participants taking part in studies and will coordinate the efficient stewardship of participants in the lab
- Running research studies; implementing study protocols as specified by faculty and students either in the role of experimenter or confederate
- Reporting any problems with study protocol and or procedures to the Lab Manager, faculty and PhD students (e.g. the tracking and reporting of irregularities during the execution of research protocol, reporting technical problems, suspicious participant behaviour)
- Preparing study rooms and materials for each study and ensuring there are adequate materials for the full study duration
- Ensuring the efficient saving and merging of data
- Assisting the Lab Manager with the marketing strategy and the recruitment of participants. This includes recruiting participants at universities, leafletting campaigns and other appropriate forums
Who we are looking for
- Previous background in psychological or behavioural research. The post holder will have significant experience in the design and conduct of experimental behavioural research studies.
- Ideally a research background in either consumer behaviour or organisational behaviour or a related discipline.
- Experience of working with SONA, Qualitrics, Prolific or Mturk/Cloud Research
- A sound knowledge of the standard and practices for ethical review of behavioural research studies.
- Knowledge of electronic systems/databases and the ability to record written information accurately
- Strong Stakeholder skills
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
- Generous annual leave of 27 days PLUS extra between Christmas and New Year!
- Automatic enrolment to a fantastic workplace pension scheme
- Free onsite gym and swimming pool!
- Amazing range of professional development to support your career path
- Enhanced cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental and financial health
- Up to 5 days volunteering leave or parent /carer emergency leave
All enjoyed in a Smart (hybrid) Working environment so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in your new role.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key school priority, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
London Business School