Associate Director - Research & Faculty Office
Can you provide strategic leadership to our Research Support and PhD teams?
Our Research and Faculty Office (RFO) plays a key role in recruiting and supporting faculty to deliver excellence in teaching and research. Join the team as an Associate Director and manage our Research Support and PhD Programme teams to help to better amplify the impact of faculty’s research and deliver a high quality learning experience to our PhD students.
- Manage and lead the Research Support and PhD Programme teams
- Provide the strategic leadership and development of the PhD Programme , ensuring excellent service throughout the student life cycle
- Lead the initiative to better amplify the impact of faculty’s research
- Engage and work with various stakeholders across the school including faculty, students, the wider RFO team, and marketing and communications
- Oversee compliance with research ethics and data protection processes within own teams
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (a PhD is desirable but not essential)
- Extensive engagement with academic research in the social sciences
- An outside the box thinker with an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Previous line management experience
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and influencing skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Why London Business School
London Business School is a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment into one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
We are implementing Smart (hybrid) Working so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in this role.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School