Academic Quality Manager
12 month fixed term contract
Do you have what it takes to expertly manage and develop the processes for student casework and quality assurance at London Business School?
We are looking for an Academic Quality Manager to lead on the management of student cases, ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and good practice. As an Academic Quality Manager, you will work closely with departments to investigate cases and provide reports for students, reviewers and external auditors. You will also work closely with world-leading faculty and other senior colleagues to enhance the policies and processes for managing casework and more widely the academic quality framework for the School.
- Student case management, including investigating appeals and reviews, providing expert advice to reviewers and panels, and ensuring consistency of outcomes
- Development of policies and processes for student casework, ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations, and enhancement of academic standards
- Prepare formal representations for external regulatory bodies on behalf of the School and facilitate external audits
- Responsibility for the ongoing development of the School’s online Academic Quality Manual
Who we are looking for
- Experience in case or complaints management, preferably within a higher education setting though not essential
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain policy accurately and consistently
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, including with senior stakeholders
- A bachelor’s degree or professional qualification (desirable)
- Knowledge of higher education (desirable)
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
We’re implementing Smart (hybrid) Working so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in this role.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School