Are you interested in supporting us on a casual basis?
Register with us to become a part of our pool of Academic Assistants. Share your knowledge as a Tutor, support our world-class research as a Lab Assistant or work as an Invigilator for our core exams. There are a number of casual opportunities available for you to broaden your skillset.
Available casual roles:
- Examination Invigilator
- Research Assistant
- Research Lab Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
For the Research Assistant position:
Your objectives for this task will be to search for keywords and to download the relevant articles from Factiva.
- Searching for the keywords we will provide you with
- Recording the number of articles returned
- Downloading those articles
There will be about 2,000 keywords. We will provide more detailed instructions upon engagement.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will vary depending on the opportunity but we always look for those who are:
- Reliable, enthusiastic and hardworking with high attention to detail
- Able to manage time effectively
- Excellent communicators
- Flexible with their approach to work
Some roles have specific requirements:
- Examination Invigilator - An understanding of examination processes is desirable.
- Research Assistant - A student at either UCL / Imperial with access to Factiva
- Research Lab Assistant - An undergraduate or graduate computer or social science student. Excellent MS Office proficiency. Experience using SPSS and Qualtrics survey software is desirable.
- Tutor (for the Management Science and Operations subject area) - A current PhD or Post-doctoral in Management Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics or other related areas. Hands-on knowledge of Excel and/or R and/or Python.
Why London Business School
NOTE: If you are a returning casual worker, please can you ensure you highlight this in your application.
If you are applying for the Research Assistant position. Please also highlight this in your application
What you can expect from us
Our vision is to have a profound impact on the way the world does business. This is achieved through our people; with 90% of our staff saying they are proud to work here, and being consistently ranked among the best in the world you will have an opportunity to be part of this success.
London Business School