AV Support Engineer
Are you an AV Engineer looking for an opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge AV tech?
Then we’re looking for you.
Our high performing team is looking for an experienced Engineer with exceptional customer service skills to act as a point of contact for gathering requirements and setting up both onsite and offsite events.
As the successful candidate you’ll be responsible for managing a range of in-person and virtual events to support with setting up PA systems with various microphones, projection and relay screens and also live video and video mixing when required.
Due to the nature of the role and requirements of the School elements of evening and weekend working will be required.
- Apply specialist technical knowledge across a range of different areas to deliver required services in line with defined processes, escalating queries or tasks if outside own technical knowledge and/or standard procedure for own area.
- Respond to requests from all stakeholders, providing specialist advice to deliver the information and/or understanding they require and provide an excellent service.
- Resolve operational day-to-day issues referred from across the School, ensuring an efficient and first-class service is extended to all stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with team members and other departments across the School to enable cross department working, to raise the team’s profile, and to drive consistency of approach/standards through the wider School, thereby enabling effective service delivery.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- May be working towards relevant professional qualification.
- Preferably a background in live music events, conference centers or Higher Education
- Good communication skills and the ability to break down technical issues and explain them in layman’s terms.
- Experience of using software related to own area of specialism to extract, analyse and report on data.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive experience of working within a customer-services orientated environment.
Why London Business School
London Business School; a global and vibrant business community based in two of the world’s most dynamic cities, London and Dubai. It’s where extraordinary minds and diverse perspectives connect, to have a profound impact on the way the world does business and the way business impacts the world. We offer best in class hybrid learning to our students and participants, whilst creating a flexible, supportive and dynamic working environment for our people to excel in, whatever their location.
What you can expect from us
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will enjoy generous annual leave, automatic enrolment to one of the largest pension schemes in our sector and a free on-site gym and swimming pool. There is also an amazing range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
We’re implementing Smart (hybrid) Working so we’re looking forward to discussing how, where and when you might work best to deliver in this role.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of a campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in any roles.
Our commitment to driving inclusion and belonging
We are a globally reaching institution, committed to creating tangible and sustainable change in driving inclusion & belonging within our School, education and society at large. We are dedicated to creating an environment where everyone in our community feels they belong and thrive. This is a key pillar of our School priorities, and we want everyone who joins LBS to feel respected, welcomed, and heard.
London Business School